Birthplace: Belle Glade, FL
Weight: 192 lbs.
High School: Glades Central HS [Belle Glade, FL]
College: Ohio State
Experience: 4th season / WR
Santonio Holmes, Jr. born to Patricia Brown and Santonio Holmes, Sr is a very devoted father of 4 (2 boys, 2 girls): Santonio III, Nicori, Saniya, and Savannah. He is a dedicated brother to 3 younger boys, Kenneth, De’Vontae, and Jay, all raised by their mom, Patricia. He lived with his grandmother from the time he was in the 6th grade until his junior year of high school. He lost his grandpa, one of his best friends, during his junior year of college.
When he is not playing football or working out, he likes to hang out with his kids and family, play video games, watch movies and play with his English bull dog, Bella. He has recently become more involved in reading the bible and learning about life and history.
Santonio is involved in the community of Belle Glade, Fl. In 2007, he and his cousin, Fred Taylor (New England Patriots) donated $10k dollars worth of Toys and gift certificates for uniforms to the local Boys and Girls Club for their annual Christmas Party. The event was such a success, they decided to do this every year going forward.
In 2008, Santonio and Fred came together again and donated over 200 Thanksgiving Turkey dinners to needy families in the Belle Glade area. Once again, they teamed up with the Boys and Girls Club and the local Winn Dixie to add to another successful event.
The High School Years…
- Attended Glades Central (Belle Glade, Fla.) High School
- Helped Glades Central to state titles his sophomore and junior years and a 12-1 record his senior year
- Named the MVP of the Outback Steakhouse All-Star Game
- Also played in the California-Florida All-Star Game
- Was a 3-sport star in high school and lettered in football, basketball and track
- His 4X400 meter relay team won the state title his junior year and senior year
The Collegiate Years…
- Was a deep threat for Buckeyes since redshirt freshmen year
- Finished 5th in Ohio State school history with 140 receptions for 2,295 yards and 3rd with 25 touchdown catches
- Returned 38 punts for 385 yards (10.1 avg) and 1 touchdown
- Add 19 kickoff returns for 425 yards (22.4 avg)
- Touched the ball 200 times during his career, gaining 3,123 all-purpose yards, becoming the 12th Buckeye to gain over 3,000 yards in a career
- Was All-Big Ten first-team selection
- Was All-Big Ten Conference second-team selection
- Majored in general studies